Join Our Support Team
Dow Lohnes actively recruits talented administrative and support staff as well as paralegals and practice group professionals to work alongside our attorneys. If you’re ready for new challenges in support of a legal team working in cutting edge industries, contact us.
Dow Lohnes currently has the following career opportunities:
- Public Relations Intern - Atlanta
- Billing Specialist - Entry Level
- Executive Legal Assistant
- General Services Specialist - Atlanta
Public Relations Intern - Atlanta
Dow Lohnes Sports & Entertainment has quickly grown into a preeminent agency of choice for professional athletes. The Sports Law division evolved as a natural adjunct to the general legal services that Dow Lohnes, one of the top business law firms in the United States, has been providing to high net worth individual and corporate clients since 1918. Dow Lohnes provides professional athletes with a full complement of legal and business services.
The internship program is ideal for students pursuing a graduate degree with a concentration in public relations, marketing and/or sports management. Undergraduate students with Junior or Senior standing, and compelling experience will be considered. Strong communication, writing, research and follow up skills are mandatory. Applicants should have a solid understanding of the NFL.
Our internship provides practical experience for students interested in pursuing a career in the sports business industry. Interns will gain hands on experience and invaluable skills.
Duties will include assisting with marketing and public relations efforts in the following areas:
- Assist with implementation of public relations plans and marketing campaigns as directed
- Assist with coordination of events and camps, including sponsorship and marketing as directed
- Assist with identification and pursuit of opportunities for media exposure for athlete clients in various media outlets as directed
- Assist with preparation of news releases, announcements and other communications relating to players as directed
- Assist with development of player marketing profiles as directed
- Assist with tracking marketing and media outreach as directed
- Assist with maintenance of charitable activities as directed
- Assist with soliciting and coordinating opportunities for player appearances consistent with player interests and schedules as directed
- Assist with development and expansion of client athletes’ online presence through website, social media and other online outlets as directed
- Assist with development of media related materials as directed
- Able to produce an accurate, through and organized work product
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail, including superior spelling and grammar
- Excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and complete projects in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with attorneys, clients, media outlets, sponsors and vendors
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must maintain client and firm confidentiality on all matters at all times
Education and Experience:
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited institution, with at least Junior or Senior standing or enrolled in a postgraduate program
- Concentration in Communications, Public Relations, Sports Management or Marketing
- Possess a solid understanding of social media
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook Skill
This is an unpaid internship, students must be able to receive academic credit.
Available to work 16 hours per week in the office during office hours from 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, (2) two days a week, Monday-Friday.
Must be able to work under tight deadlines and stressful situations
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to: Andrea Williams, PR Coordinator,
Billing Specialist - Entry Level
Dow Lohnes PLLC is seeking an entry level Billing Specialist to join the Accounting Department in the Washington, DC Office. The primary responsibility of the Billing Specialist is prepare client invoices and maintain all documentation related to client billing.
Duties will include generating monthly billing books for assigned partners, editing billing books, maintaining billing notes, editing and moving time entries, and producing client invoices.
Candidate must be detail-oriented, have excellent communication and proofreading skills. Ideal candidate will have billing or related experience, and have a proficient knowledge of MS Office applications.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
To apply for this position, visit www.dowlohnesjobs.com
Executive Legal Assistant
Highly regarded Washington, DC-based law firm is seeking a motivated, energetic and experienced individual to serve as executive legal assistant for a nationally recognized partner who founded and leads a thriving practice group representing a wide variety of colleges, universities and other enterprises that comprise the global higher education industry. The executive legal assistant will provide high-level support to the partner in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-oriented environment. He or she will act as a primary resource for the partner in serving the needs of clients; managing a hectic travel, speaking and meeting schedule and interacting with other attorneys and professionals, nationally and internationally. This position offers opportunities for growth and increased responsibilities.
Applicants must be able to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, set and effectively adhere to priorities, anticipate needs, focus both on details and overarching goals and at all times maintain a professional demeanor. Successful applicants will demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills, be able to work independently and have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Demonstrated expertise with social media, video conferencing and MS Office (Word, PowerPoint Outlook and Excel) is required. Working knowledge of higher education and online learning is desirable. BA/BS required; an advanced degree in education, administration or communications is desirable. Prior experience as an executive or senior administrative assistant or similar position is strongly preferred. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume through www.dowlohnesjobs.com.
General Services Specialist - Atlanta
General Summary -
Assist attorneys and staff with all aspects of Document Reproduction Services work, which includes, but is not limited to, document reproduction, reproduction equipment maintenance, document faxing and scanning, CD/DVD duplication and answering telephone and e-mail inquiries with regard to any aspect of document reproduction work. Position will also cross train and assist with other General Services work, which includes, but is not limited to, mailing services, receipt and distribution of incoming parcels, processing of outgoing parcels, changing printer toner cartridges, office supply distribution, conference room set-ups, office move support, and other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Office Manager or the Director of Administration.
Essential Functions -
- Perform all document production related functions, including binding, collating, stapling, hole-punching, printing of report covers, CD/DVD duplication, scanning, branding, file conversions, load file creation, complex litigation work and a variety of other tasks.
- Coordinate with external document reproduction vendors for work that cannot be accomplished in-house.
- Maintain Service Center and Satellite Service Area document production equipment daily. Inspect and test equipment for quality. Perform standard maintenance and arrange for vendor support when required. Ensure supplies are stocked and work areas are clean. Maintain equipment maintenance and volume logs.
- Maintain and order all tabs, exhibits, index dividers, and other related reproduction supplies. Monitor supply of copy paper and copy supplies and replenish/reorder as required to maintain an adequate stock within the office at all times.
- Process and timely deliver incoming faxes. Send all outgoing faxes. Perform standard maintenance and arrange for vendor support when required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Office Manager or the Director of Administration.
Skill Requirements -
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to collect accurate information.
- Flexibility in dealing with simultaneous projects.
- Acute focus on detail in performance of duties.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly. Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people.
To apply for this position, please click here www.dowlohnesjobs.com