Our government relations attorneys are fully conversant with the registration and reporting requirements of the Lobbying Disclosure Act and with campaign finance and other Federal Election Commission issues.
- Dow Lohnes assists clients with the initial registration and with periodic reporting of lobbying activities to Congress under the Lobbying Disclosure Act.
- Our attorneys assist clients in structuring, organizing and administering political action committees to assure compliance with federal and state laws. Our work in this area includes advising political action committees, as well as individuals and corporations, on the permissibility under federal, state and local laws of proposed political contributions to candidates, political parties, leadership political action committees, and Section 527 organizations.
- We handle the numerous filings with the Federal Election Commission and state election agencies necessitated by these political contributions.
- Dow Lohnes tax attorneys counsel political action committees about federal and state requirements and handle the requisite filings with the IRS and state taxation agencies in connection with the creation, funding, and running of their committees.
- Finally, our tax attorneys also counsel nonprofits on the scope of permissible lobbying activities under Sections 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code.