Adam C. Chase is a member in the Media and Information Technologies practice group and Sports Law practice group. Mr. Chase works with technology, communications, media, and sports clients on a variety of strategic and operational matters. Mr. Chase’s practice includes preparing and negotiating:
- sports, entertainment, facility, and event sponsorship, licensing, and endorsement agreements;
- software, content, and trademark licenses and development agreements;
- professional services agreements;
- advertising, marketing, and promotional agreements; and
- technology-related outsourcing agreements.
- Representation of Sprint Nextel, Inc., the title sponsor of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, in all aspects of its sponsorship activation. This representation has included licensing agreements with ten of the most prominent drivers and teams, as well as a local content rights agreement with NASCAR to broadcast competition video, telemetry data, in-car audio and other content and materials to at-track handheld devices.
- Representation of one of the two final bidders for the Chicago Cubs Major League Baseball franchise, Wrigley Field and an interest in Comcast SportsNet Chicago, in connection with the club’s media and other intellectual property rights.
- Representation of the Sports, Entertainment & Special Events division of the Washington Convention and Sports Authority, including the establishment of a Nation’s Football Classic collegiate football game and related events for Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
- Representation of the DC Bowl Committee, Inc. in connection with all aspects of the EagleBank Bowl game and related events, including agreements with participating teams and conferences, sponsors and charitable beneficiaries.